Sunday, September 17, 2006

A new Terp on the way.

Hello everyone, It's been a busy 2006 so far. We've been to a lot of places this year, both for work and for fun. I most recently returned from a trip to China on the 30th of August. That weekend, because of a number of suspicious symptoms, my wife took a pregnancy test. To our collective surprise, the test came back positive. I say surprise because we started with a local fertility clinic two months earlier when we were having trouble conceiving. We hadn't even started a course of treatment when my wife found out she was pregnant. But I digress... Anyway, a blood test and a couple of ultrasounds later, we were able to see our baby's heartbeat for the first time this past week. My wife is about six weeks along now, and there's this little flicker of light going blip...blip...blip inside of her! For all the positive tests and symptoms, it didn't really seem real until then. Now we've got this new human being on the way, someone totally dependent on us for -- well -- everything. Scary, the thought of me being a father...trying to find the time...being responsible...being a role model...changing a diaper! The plans for exotic vacations and a resort property are on hold for now. They've been replaced by kid-friendly home improvements and furniture, a new SLR and video camera, and deeper cash reserves for when my wife has to stop working next year. Do I have to trade in the convertible for a 4-door commuter car? Hmm... It's a good time to have a baby. My wife's sister has a three-year-old and a four-month-old. My cousin is having twins later this year, and my best friend and his new bride are talking about kids as well. Lot's of playmates already. We'll try to keep this space updated with new news and information. Here's what we know right now: the doctor gave us an expected due date of May 10, 2007. Our next doctor visit is scheduled for October 6. Click here to see our latest sonogram! Blog again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment