Saturday, October 28, 2006

The Name Game

October was been a busy month for my wife and I. It began with a trip to West Virginia to celebrate her grandparents' 60th wedding anniversary. There was the trip to the National Zoo as part of a school assignment, an office network upgrade, and a trip to the beach for a bit of relaxation. And that was just the weekends. There haven't been many major events since my last post. My wife still pukes about once a day. We've tried a modified diet, antacids, sour candy, and those accupressure bands for motion sickness. Nothing seems to make a difference. We'll be talking to the OB about that next week. Oh yeah, and she's officially in "maternity clothing" now. Yup, she broke out the blue jeans with the specially designed waist support for the first time this morning. I'm not sure she's impressed with the fashion statement the jeans make (I think her exact quote was, "My God, I look pregnant!"), but at least they're more comfortable now than her regular clothing. Last week, one of her coworkers gave birth without having decided on a name for her new child. That set my wife off, and we've been on a crusade to find the right name for our child ever since. Granted, it's too early to know if we're having a boy or girl, and we really don't want to know until they baby is born, but we need a name now. Who know this was going to be so difficult? We've been through a book of over 100,000 names, and so far we've compromised on one. We might be OK if we have a boy. God help us if we have a girl -- Jane Doe and Unnamed Baby are looking like the best choices right now. There are just too many rules right now ... can't share names with another family member ... must make for good, short nicknames ... ought to reflect our heritage ... no androgynous names ... aiye yiye yiye! It's a good thing we still have six months to figure this out! Well, that's all I've got this time. Like I said, we go back to the OB next Friday. The next update will hopefully come shortly afterwards. Talk for soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment